Making money online has become increasingly popular, but with all of the “get rich quick” scams, is there such a thing as making legitimate money online? Or is it all just a myth?
Ads are flooding the internet, promising that you can make thousands of dollars a week without ever leaving your home or doing real work. The truth is that making money online does take time, and it does take work. Many internet millionaires have studied for weeks or months before they ever made a dime. Some lucky folks have started making money online almost instantly overnight.
There are a few ways to make money online:
- Incentivized Freebie Websites (IFW’s) – IFW’s are pretty easy to get started and sometimes require a small investment to do so, but they can get you making money within a couple of hours. Companies will actually pay you in cash, or give you prizes to complete offers by their sponsors. The down side is you have to complete LOTS of offers, sometimes free trials, sometimes paid, and sometimes you have to pay a small shipping and handling fee. Either way, if you do not care to continue using the product, you can discontinue your trial. You have to read the fine print on the offers though. Also, there are a limited number of offers available on IFW’s so you have to build a large database to keep it profitable in the long term. While good for earning cash quick, ($100+ in 2-3 hours) it caps out quickly to maybe $200-250 a day.
- Completing Surveys online – believe it or not, you can make money by offering your opinion and taking surveys online. The problem is many survey companies are bogus and try to get you to buy a product before rewarding you. When you do find legit survey sites, you may find that only a few surveys are available at any given time. In order to receive enough surveys to make real money online, you have to sign up at literally hundreds of survey clubs, and forums to get the constant inflow to keep the cash flowing. While you can get this going over the course of a few days, it does cap out pretty quick, and depends entirely on the availability of the surveys.
- Selling on eBay or Amazon – This is pretty simple: you sell things, you make money. Then you can buy more stuff low, and sell it high. The problem is, you need things to sell, and it requires a bit of investment.
- Create a product – Information is currency. And if you offer valuable information, people are willing to pay for it. Many internet millionaires are extremely successful because they took their knowledge, and compiled it in a way that was easy to understand, and genuinely useful to a specific market. The great part is that anyone can do this, and the income potential is unlimited. The not so great part is that it takes time to put this information together and market it properly. Also, you must constantly update your information so that it is always relevant.
- Affiliate marketing – This is a gold mine. Now there is no limit to how much money you can make with this. The great part is that you need no product of your own, and it requires very little money, if any to get started. However, investing a little money will save you a lot of time. You also need to do some research to get your bearing straight, and it is easy to get lost in the sea of information out there. Some is useful, some is not so much. The hardest part is separating what is useful and what isn’t. There are some great training programs out there though that can help you get rolling.
Make Money by Becoming a Professional Blogger:
If you are passionate about writing, you can earn money by becoming a professional blogger. If you have good writing skills and if you are very passionate about a niche topic then you can write blogs and make tens of thousands of dollars per month by sharing your knowledge and helping millions of people who read your blogs to choose the right products and services. However, your success as a professional blogger not only depends on your writing skills and sincerity but also on your marketing skills.
Earn Money by Monetizing Your Blog or Website:
Blog monetization or website monetization is the process of converting existing traffic being sent to a particular blog or website into revenue. You do that by displaying advertisements and/or banners on your site. Every time someone clicks an advertisement on your site you get paid an amount ranging from a few cents to several dollars, based upon a number of factors. These advertisements are called Pay Per Click (PPC) advertisements. To display PPC advertisements and banners on your blog or website you need to create free accounts with AdSense (or other similar sites such as Obeus, Bidvertiser, AdBrite, Chitika, Kontera, AdHitz, etc.) and then copy and paste the HTML code which they will provide you for your site. This is a neat way to autopilot your income. Another way to monetize your blogs and website is to join free affiliate programs and display affiliate advertisements. In fact, you will make much more money with affiliate programs than with PPC advertisements.
Earn Money by Selling Photographs and Drawings Online:
Here is the coolest way to have fun and get paid for it – travel around the world (or just around your own neighborhood), take good quality photographs, upload them to sites such as ShutterStock, iStockPhoto, etc. for free and get paid each and every time someone downloads a copy of any of your photographs! These photographs should have some commercial value. Remember, these graphics are purchased by professional web designers, screen saver developers, magazine editors, and other people who will use them for commercial purposes. If you are good at drawing, you can get paid to draw by scanning your drawings and selling them in the same way as you sell photographs. For the free spirited, artistic soul this is the perfect, fun way of making money online.
Earn Money by Selling Items on eBay and Other Similar Sites:
Many people earn hundreds, even millions of dollars by selling things on eBay, CQout, eBid, Amazon, and other eCommerce sites. You can sell almost everything that is legal – electronics, cars, clothing, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods, digital cameras, antiques, real estate, etc. This is a perfect work from home job and you save a lot of money because by working from home you don’t have to pay any shop rent and other shop or store related expenses such as the electricity and maintenance bills. Apart from that you are selling to millions of potential customers worldwide, and you have the freedom to work whenever you want. You are your own boss.
Earn Money by Selling Your Own Product:
If the idea of inventing a new product and making a fortune by selling it scares you, think again! A product can be something as simple as an eBook, or a T-shirt designed by you. Whether it is a simple, 10 page report in the form of a pdf eBook or a sophisticated software product, you can be assured of making a fortune by selling a good product. If you have conceptualized a product but don’t know how to develop it, you can hire experts/engineers to do it for you from elance.com, scriptlance.com, etc. If you have already created a great downloadable informational product, then sit back and relax – all you have to do is to list it on ClickBank and thousands of affiliates will promote it for you for a commission. You will sell thousands of copies of your informational product without any efforts from you!